When you hear the term ‘cryptocurrency’, does ‘secure’ also spring to mind? Here are some implications of the lack of sound security practices in the world of crypto.
When you hear the term ‘cryptocurrency’, does ‘secure’ also immediately spring to mind?
In this edition of Week in security, Tony examines several implications of the lack of sound security practices in the world of crypto. For example, he looks at:
- why the two core principles of cryptocurrencies – i.e., that they are decentralized and deregulated – are both a blessing and a curse
- why cryptocurrency has been co-opted as an ‘engine’ for cybercrime
- what else differentiates the crypto industry from the traditional financial industry
- how the lack of regulation and oversight in the crypto industry ultimately leads to lax cybersecurity practices
- how governments are responding and what lies ahead for the crypto industry
All this – and more – on WeLiveSecurity.com. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
This article was originally published by Welivesecurity.com. Read the original article here.