Here’s what you should know about FlowingFrog, LookingFrog and JollyFrog – the three teams making up the TA410 espionage umbrella group
In this edition of Week in security, Tony looks at the latest ESET research that:
- provided a detailed overview of TA410, a cyberespionage umbrella group that targets entities in the government and education sectors all around the world
- revealed that TA 410 is made up of three teams – FlowingFrog, LookingFrog, and JollyFrog, each with its own toolset and targets and
- discovered a new version of FlowCloud, a complex and modular remote access tool that has several interesting capabilities and is used by FlowingFrog
For example, FlowCloud can:
- collect mouse movements, keyboard activity and clipboard content along with information about the current foreground window and
- gather information about things happening around the victim’s computer by taking pictures using connected camera peripherals and recording audio using a computer’s microphone.
Read the blogpost to learn more about the group, its targets, and the methods of compromise that the group’s three teams use.