Here’s what you should know about FlowingFrog, LookingFrog and JollyFrog – the three teams making up the TA410 espionage umbrella group
In this edition of Week in security, Tony looks at the latest ESET research that:
- provided a detailed overview of TA410, a cyberespionage umbrella group that targets entities in the government and education sectors all around the world
- revealed that TA 410 is made up of three teams – FlowingFrog, LookingFrog, and JollyFrog, each with its own toolset and targets and
- discovered a new version of FlowCloud, a complex and modular remote access tool that has several interesting capabilities and is used by FlowingFrog
For example, FlowCloud can:
- collect mouse movements, keyboard activity and clipboard content along with information about the current foreground window and
- gather information about things happening around the victim’s computer by taking pictures using connected camera peripherals and recording audio using a computer’s microphone.
Read the blogpost to learn more about the group, its targets, and the methods of compromise that the group’s three teams use.
This article was originally published by Welivesecurity.com. Read the original article here.